Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Roommate-less

Kentrell

My first day on campus was bittersweet. It was really the start of me living on my own and I knew no one up here. I was happy and scared at the same time....and yes I cried a little. So to get my mind off things, I unpacked while I waited for my roommate so he could be the first person I met...and I waited...and I waited. . he never showed up. 

So I started my first year of college with no roommate.

The weekend goes by (no partying for me) and my first day of classes is here. Political Theory was my first official class and my professor had no problem with jumping right in to the lesson. She talked on and on about John Locke and his views on government. Of course, I was listening while taking notes at the same time because she wasn’t writing a lot on the board. I felt prepared though because I was taught college was going to be exactly like this in middle school.

The first person I met was a girl named Tone (Tony) who is in my political theory class. She’s a sophomore and is one of the nicest people I've met. From gaining that one friend, I gained more confidence to meet and talk to new people. Now I walk around campus shaking hands with familiar faces and say 'wassup' to anyone I walk past. My first year is going good so far. . . I just can’t wait for the first time I get to go home!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Chin up, Kentrell--making new friends takes time! Try looking into campus organizations...I joined a club my freshman year and made some of my best lifelong friends ever. :)

    ReplyDelete