Sunday, October 30, 2011

Routines

Kentrell
Almost 2 full months of college has past. It seems like I've been here for about a year already. But in this two month time period, I developed a lot of routines.

One of my favorite routines is hitting the snooze button about 5 times before I actually get up for class because an extra 20 minutes of sleep always good. =)
Another thing that has become normal to me is being in my dorm and studying. I’m constantly reading one of my books for class or writing a 2,3, or 4 page paper for English. I check my grades online also, not all of them are good though, but it’s nothing a little hard work won't change.

After my classes are over, I go eat with some friends and we go to the gym and play ball or go to the fields for some flag football games. We play about 4 or 5 games of basketball sometimes and we meet new people every time we play.

These games are really intense even though they are just for fun. They start off as 3 on 3 half court games, but these are just like warm ups. When more people come, we play 5 on 5 full court.

The 5 on 5 games are very competitive and tiring.  Winning requires non stop running up and down the court, playing hard defense and good offense. Sometimes I'll make a shot as the defender runs up to try and block it, but my shot is soooo good, it goes in..nothin’ but net! 
Everyone - even the opposing team - compliments me on the shot. It feels good when everyone is having a good time in a competitive situation. The games get intense, but everyone is a good sport even if they lose. At the end of every game, everyone shakes hands until next time.
College is a lot of fun and requires a lot of hard work as well. Developing routines is a good way to manage your time so you can stay focused and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment